Meal Prep Delivery

Friday, September 27, 2024

The Best Hiking Gear, According to a Hiking Enthusiast and Coach

Altra Lone Peak Hikers

Best Hiking Boots

Altra Lone Peak Hikers

From the sandy scrub forests of South Florida to the desert terrain of New Mexico to the 14,000-foot peaks in Colorado, my Altra Lone Peak hiking boots have successfully taken me everywhere I’ve wanted to goand I plan for them to continue taking me places until I bust a hole through the toe box. (Which, at more than 200 miles, hasn’t happened yet.)

The Altra Lone Peak hikers are wildly flexible, capable of moving with your foot through the entirety of each stride, from toe-off to foot strike. When I’m in my Altra hiking boots, it’s as if I can almost feel the earth beneath my feet; as if I’m hiking barefoot. This checks out, as the Altra Lone Peak hikers are zero-drop hiking boots with an ultra-wide footbed that allows for maximum toe splay.

As much as I love them, I must point out that they aren’t for everyone. If you’ve never worn zero-drop shoes before, it would be a bad idea to buy these and take them out for a hike right away. Individuals accustomed to more cushioned shoes with a substantial heel-to-toe drop should take their time adjusting to the zero-drop style to avoid pain and discomfort.

That said, if you’re anything like me, once you get used to these boots, you’ll never go back. They drain exceptionally well thanks to the breathable construction (I can’t speak for the waterproof version, because I don’t own them); the deep outsole lugs grip slippery terrain like shale and slate; and the extended heel clip provides extra stability with each foot strike.

As these boots are some of the best hiking gear, you can read more about the specifications, pros and cons of the Altra Lone Peak hikers in my full Altra Lone Peak hiking boot review.

Shop on Altra Running

Shop on Backcountry

Shop on Zappos

The post The Best Hiking Gear, According to a Hiking Enthusiast and Coach appeared first on Family Handyman.



Article source here: The Best Hiking Gear, According to a Hiking Enthusiast and Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Hiking Gear, According to a Hiking Enthusiast and Coach

Best Hiking Boots Altra Lone Peak Hikers From the sandy scrub forests of South Florida to the desert terrain of New Mexico to the 14,00...