Meal Prep Delivery

Monday, November 13, 2023

We Tried the New Shark Cordless Pro, the Vacuum That Empties and Charges Itself

Its amazing how much crummier your floor gets once you have a baby who crawls around eating teething wafers. That, of course, means breaking out my vacuum on the dailysometimes multiple times a dayto clean up messes. With my old vacuum, I didnt have a docking system, so it was clunky getting it in and out of the closet.

But thats all changed now that Ive personally tested the new Shark Cordless Pro, aka the Shark Cordless Detect Pro Auto-Empty System with QuadClean Multi-Surface Brushroll. And let me tell you, this stick vacuum has seriously won me over during the past 30 days.

What is the Shark Cordless Pro?

Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum on charging dock

The Shark Cordless Pro has just about everything youd want in a vacuum. It comes with the cordless stick vacuum, a 2-liter auto-empty charging dock, an odor-neutralizer puck, a lithium-ion battery, an 8-inch crevice tool and a pet multi-tool.

With odor-neutralizing technology, this best vacuum cleaner works to guard against bad odors and detects and reacts to dirt for up to 50% better pickup, as the brand details. My favorite feature, however, is that once its placed back on its base, it empties and charges itself. No more struggling over the garbage can trying to avoid spilling recently sucked-up debris on clean floors!

We Tried It

Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum

With a docking station that automatically empties and charges, the Shark cordless pro is a convenient vacuum cleaner.

Shark Cordless Pro Features

Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum Dust Container

With a docking dust bin that holds up to 30 days worth of debris, the Shark Cordless Pro truly makes vacuuming a mindless task again. Not only does the machine accommodate hard floors and carpets and everything in between, but the vacuum detects what its working with and adjusts its power accordinglythat means a stronger suction on carpets and rugs. And since its cordless (a full charge takes five hours), you dont have to worry about a cord getting in the way of a deep clean. It also has a 60-minute runtime (but thats in the best-case scenariomore on that later).

The Shark Cordless Pro has three modes: Eco, Auto and Boost. Eco is best for saving battery power if youre doing just a quick clean-up; Auto, the setting I use most, is for everyday cleaning power that adjusts brush roll speed based on how clean or dirty an area is; and Boost comes in handy when you need to take care of heavy debris. You can go between the modes using the suction power mode button located next to the on/off button. Easy!

How We Tested It

 Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum Digital Display

The docking station (with the vacuum in place) has a footprint of about 13.5 inches by 10.5 inches, ideal for storing out of the way in a corner or a closet that has an outlet. Right out of the box, I placed my Shark in the corner of my mudroom. After it was fully charged, I couldnt wait to test it out. It was apparent right away that this system was so much easier to access, thanks to the sleek design hidden in the corner as opposed to in the closet that was already low on real estate.

Although I have a robot vacuum stationed in my kitchen, when I need to quickly suck up food that my one-year-old decided to drop from her high chair, I reach for the Shark Cordless Pro. To access the vacuum, I simply lift it out of its docking station, press the on/off button, give it a couple seconds to start, and off I go. When its time to put the machine away, I slightly hover it over the docking station and bring it down to house it in place. Its a one-handed operation, which comes in handy when my daughter refuses to leave my hip.

Trying the Shark Cordless Pro on Different Flooring Types

Ive been testing the Shark Cordless Pro for the past month, so its seen a range of floor types, including hardwood, carpet, area rug and tile. The first time I used it in my daughters carpeted playroom, which we play in every day, I was shocked (and slightly horrified) over how much the Shark picked up.

To the eye, the carpet didnt look dirty. Plus, its less than two years old. But the machine pulled up hair, crumbs and dust I didnt know was there. That was motivation enough to do the rest of the downstairs of my home, and the result was that over half of the dustbin was filled. Wow! But also, eww!

Docking

Then, in one simple motion, I got the vacuum back in its dock, and the system automatically started emptying the dust bin (which I will admit is pretty loud but lasted for no more than 10 seconds). It was satisfying to watch and nice to know that it was recharging the Shark without further tasks from me. Although the docking station holds 30 days worth of cleanup, I havent had to empty mine yet, so it holds an impressive amount.

Changing Modes

Another convenient feature is that I never have to swap nozzles when switching between carpet and hard floors. The smart machine detects whats under it and does its thing, illuminating its 10.4-inch path with light-emitting diode (LED) lights. As I go from the hardwood floors in my kitchen to the carpet in the playroom, theres a noticeable boost of power to ensure the vacuum is picking up stuck-in debris in the fabric. And to make sure a spot is clean, I just have to look at the light indicator above the on/off button, which notifies me when Im good to move on to the next area. Basically, red means very dirty, yellow means OK and blue means clean.

This stick vacuum turns into a handheld version with a quick removal of the stick and switch to the crevice tool or pet multi-tool. (This is the only part of the system that will require two hands.) But it allows you to get into those nooks and crannies in between the couch cushions that would otherwise remain messy. Goodbye, Cheerios!

Noise

I also have to give a shoutout to how sleeping-baby-friendly this vacuum is. I decided to kickstart the holiday season early by putting up the artificial Christmas tree I got on sale in my bedroom. When the tree lost a handful of needles during setup, I couldve waited until morning to clean but thought it would be a good test to see if my one-year-old was fazed by the noise. I know this was basically playing with fire. But I took my chances, and my sleeping baby down the hall didnt move or make a noise during the 60 seconds it took to get rid of the needles (and maybe a couple of dust bunnies in the corner).

Runtime

My biggest, and maybe only, gripe with the Shark Cordless Pro is its runtime. If you were to use it as a handheld vacuum in Eco mode, you could get up to 60 minutes of usage. But I use it in its stick form in Auto mode 99% of the time, and the runtime only lasts about 15 to 20 minutes. Sure, thats still a nice amount of time to tackle multiple rooms, but one charge isnt enough if Im trying to hit every floor in my house.

The positive side is that its a quick, one-handed motion to get the unit back on its base to empty and charge, so its certainly not a deal breaker. Plus, thats the thing with even the best cordless vacuumsthe runtime isnt going to compare to a corded model.

Pros

  • Automatically empties and charges when docked
  • Automatically adjusts suction based on floor type
  • Features a self-cleaning brushroll
  • Comes with an 8-inch crevice tool and pet multi-tool
  • Weighs just 14.8 pounds
  • Has 240 watts of suction power
  • Lighted battery percentage
  • Colored light indicates when a spot is clean
  • Sleek, compact in docking station
  • Traps dust and allergens with True HEPA filtration
  • Free shipping on Shark website

Cons

  • On the pricier side
  • Runtime is less than claimed 60 minutes if used as a stick vacuum

FAQ

Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum cleaning the floor

Is the Shark Cordless Pro good for hardwood floors?

Yes, this machine was designed to go from hard floors to carpets and back again without the need to swap the nozzle or change the setting on the vacuum.

Is the Shark Cordless Pro good on carpet?

Yes, and in fact, youll notice the vacuum makes a more powerful sound as it detects its on a carpet so that it can effectively suck up fine dust and pet hair from the rug.

Is a Shark or Dyson cordless better?

Both Shark and Dyson are quality brands, but the main difference youll find is in technology and price. Dyson tends to have the latest features and all the bells and whistles, but itll come with an added cost. Shark still offers useful features, just maybe not the absolute best, but youll save when its time to check out. Personally, Ive owned a Dyson and don’t feel I’m missing anything in particular now that Im using a Shark.

What Other Reviewers Had to Say

Although the Shark Cordless Detect Pro Auto-Empty System with QuadClean Multi-Surface Brushroll is new, real-life users are rolling in with some reviews.

This is the most impressive vacuum I have ever owned, writes one five-star reviewer on Sharks website. From the versatility to the power to ease of use, this Shark has it all. The best feature, in my opinion, are the three different power settings. The Eco will save the battery for longer jobs while the Boost mode will do the heavy-duty cleaning. For me, however, the Automatic is the most amazing. Our home has hardwood, carpet and area rugs. Vacuuming between the three used to be tedious, but now with the Shark, it is seamless.

Alex, a verified Amazon purchaser, says, We only have carpet on the stairs in our home and wanted something that was lightweight and could handle the high traffic of our familythis did the trick. It picks up all of the dirt and hair from our dog easy, and the clean visual is a nice touch.

I know its not important, but this is the prettiest vacuum Ive ever seen, and it works beautifully!! Great suction, especially around baseboards, etc., and its cool not having to empty it all the time, shares a verified Target buyer.

Shark Cordless Vacuum Models

The Shark Cordless Pro isnt the brands most expensive cordless model, but, in my opinion, its the best bang for your buck. Its the only one with a docking station that doubles as an auto-empty system, which is now a must-have feature in my life. The most expensive model by $50, the Shark Stratos Cordless Vacuum, wins the award for strongest suction of any Shark cordless stick. So, if your goal is the best suction power, go for the Stratos. But if youre looking for convenience and easethat still has quality suctionjoin me in vacuuming with the Shark cordless pro.

Final Verdict

 Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum used for cleaning couch

Something that annoys me with a vacuum cleaner is when it struggles to pick up little bits, and I must go over a spot more than once to suck up the mess. To my delight, I havent had that issue with the Shark Cordless Pro. Its powerful enough to require just one swipe across a dirty area. Then, its simple to put it back in its docking station where it empties and charges without additional work from me. Although Id love the runtime to be longer, thats just the reality of a cordless model, and it doesnt deter me from highly recommending this product to those who want a sleek, quality unit.

I dont have any pets, but I could see how this machine would be a solid pick for dog or cat owners. It has a self-cleaning brush roll with a no-hair-wrap feature to make sure you dont have a pet hair mess on your floor or in your vacuum.

Where to Buy the Shark Cordless Pro

The Shark Cordless Pro is available on the brands website for around $450. You can also snag it on Amazon, Target, Lowes and Wayfair. If youre going to invest in something for your home, it might as well be something that keeps the surface looking its best (even if you have a one-year-old contributing to the opposite).

We Tried It

Shark Cordless Pro Vacuum

The Shark cordless pro makes vacuuming a one-hand operation, thanks to its easy docking system.



Article source here: We Tried the New Shark Cordless Pro, the Vacuum That Empties and Charges Itself

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Best Mini Chainsaws, Tested and Reviewed

PAMELA BONDURANT/FAMILY HANDYMAN Shop on Home Depot Best Overall Mini Chainsaw Dewalt Cordless Battery Powered Chainsaw Shop on...