Meal Prep Delivery

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

We Tried This New Mattress Vacuum Cleaner, Because Your Bed Deserves a Little TLC

If youve been on the cleaning side of TikTok lately, youve probably swiped up on at least one cleaning guru who swears by a mattress vacuum when completing their Sunday refresh. To be honest, Im always a little skeptical of these vacuuming devices, and wonder how much good they truly do. So, after seeing enough mattress cleaning and couch vacuuming videos, I decided I needed to try a mattress vacuum cleaner for myself.

Thats where the Jigoo mattress vacuum cleaner comes in. Its a handheld vacuum with a dust mite sensor that glides across and cleans fabric surfaces. Heres how my testing of the new Amazon bed vacuum went.

What is the Jigoo mattress vacuum cleaner?

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner

As mentioned, this mattress vacuum cleaner is a handheld, corded device with a built-in dust sensor that tells you when your mattress is clean. It has a light-emitting diode (LED) screen that displays a red light when a surface is dirty and a green light when the surface is clean. The screen also tells you the dust mite index of a surface while vacuuming. Beyond that, this vacuum eliminates allergens and hard-to-see dust particles from mattresses, pillows, furniture and other fabric surfaces.

We Tried It

Jigoo Mattress Vacuum Cleaner

This cleaner is a powerful handheld vacuum that eliminates dust and dander from your mattress.

Jigoo Mattress Vacuum Cleaner Features

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner Features

Equipped with a metal brush roll, powerful motor and ultraviolet (UV) light, this mattress vacuum cleanersuctions and deep cleanssurfaces of dust, dander and pet hair. It has an advanced high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration system that filters over 99% of tiny particles to ensure clean air output on your most-used household surfaces. The filter itself is designed to be washed and reused, but its recommended that you replace the filter every six months or so, depending on usage.

The corded bed vacuum comes with a 16-foot cord that will reach across almost any any bed or couch. It also has a dual-cup canister design that funnels dust and debris into a separate waste chamber thats easily emptied with the push of a button.

The Jigoo cleaner has a 254-nanometer (nm) UV light, which is proven to eliminate bacteria, viruses and other contaminants. With 500 watts of power and a suction of 1.89 pounds per square inch (psi), the Jigoo vacuum provides cleaning power that can be hard to find in other handheld vacuuming devices. Plus, its high-speed brush picks up dust and pet hair quickly, so you dont have to hover over one area for an extended period or vacuum the same spot over and over again.

How We Tested It

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner testing

If you thought using your regular vacuum on your couch and mattress was doing it cleaning justice, think again. I was used to swapping out the head on my Tineco Pure One Station to vacuum my couchnot any longer. If Im cleaning my couch for guests or changing out my sheets, Im pulling the Jigoo bed cleaner from the closet and putting it to work.

After seeing several TikTok videos featuring different mattress vacuums, I was skeptical that the Jigoo would be any better than my regular vacuum on household fabric surfaces. Quite frankly, I was anticipating it to be just another gimmick or unnecessary household appliance. However, living in a home that seems to accumulate dust and dander more than any other place Ive lived, I still held out hope that the bed vacuum would bring some relieve to my fabric surfaces. So, when the Jigoo box arrived at my doorstep, it took about five minutes for me to tear open the box, plug in the device and start using it on my couch.

Upon opening the box, I was impressed with the wide brush head (just over 9 inches) and rose gold finishing on the vacuum. Two additional filter and inlet sponges were included in the box, along with a cleaning brush for the device.

I should pause to say that my partner and I have purchased a new couch and bed within the last six months, and with it being the holiday season, I had recently vacuumed my couch for guests before the arrival of the Jigoo vacuum. That said, I wasnt expecting the vacuum to pick up much.

I was shocked. As I rolled the vacuum over the surface of my couch I was stunned (almost disgusted) with the amount of dust and dander I saw in the canister. It seemed to pick up everything on the surface of my fabric couch, and it also helped to reduce any lingering smells left behind by pets. My regular stick vacuum was not suctioning the surface of my couch like the Jigoo was. I vacuumed everything: the pillows, throw blankets and ottoman.

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner gif

Then, I went to change my sheets and vacuumed the surface of my Cocoon mattress, along with the surface of my Eight Sleep Pod cover. Did I realize how much dust was sitting beneath my bed sheets? No, I did not. I found that the Jigoo vacuum reduced odors there and made the surface of my bed much smoother and cleaner looking. I also like that I can feel the heat output beneath the vacuum, which helps sanitize surfaces.

However, and this is a big however, my vacuums UV light doesn’t kick on when the vacuum is in use. Im still impressed with the suctioning and cleaning power, but I am disappointed that the UV light it came with is defective. I didnt notice this until after a few uses, and I havent contacted Jigoo or Amazon about a replacement yet.

Pros

  • Strong suction power
  • Visibly removes a ton of dust and dander from fabric surfaces
  • High-speed brush roll
  • LED screen tells you when surface is clean or dirty
  • Easy to remove and clean canister
  • Advanced HEPA filter
  • Heat output kills germs

Cons

  • Corded, but at 16 feet long, it should work for most people
  • UV light on the bottom of my specific vacuum came defective

FAQ

Is it good to vacuum your bed?

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner

Vacuuming your bed and mattress can help remove dust, allergens and debris from your sleeping space, in turn promoting a healthier nights rest. Of course, a cleaner, dust- and dirt-free bed looks better, too.

Can vacuuming your bed get rid of bed bugs?

Vacuuming alone cannot get rid of bed bugs, no matter how powerful the vacuum. Only very hot water and/or chemical treatment can get rid of bed bugs.

What Other Reviewers Had to Say

With an average of 4.8 out of five stars on Amazon, other reviewers are finding the Jigoo mattress vacuum cleanerimpressive, too. Overwhelmingly positive reviews also lead me to believe that most buyers didnt receive a somewhat defective product like I did. Heres what they have to say about the vacuum.

Mark Ziemann, a five-star reviewer, writes, Wowwho knew! This is one of those items that you never knew you neededuntil you used it! We live in Arizonathe land of dustand we work hard to keep our home dust free. We have long used a handheld beater-style vacuum that has always seemed pretty effective on our couches and mattresses, and we do a full bedding wash weeklyso I didn’t expect much from this gizmo… Color me surprised!

I’ve previously had a bed vacuum from another vender and it was OK,” shares D.R. Brown, another five-star reviewer. “It was smaller than this Jigoo mattress vacuum cleaner, meaning it took longer to use. This Jigoo mattress vacuum is larger than other mattress vacuums I’ve seen and has a powerful suction. I say this vacuum is delightful and disgusting because it does exactly what it’s supposed to do, but seeing the results of a filthy mattress you’ve been sleeping on is a bit disturbing. Despite the gross collections in the dustbin, I feel so much better after using this mattress vacuum.

Final Verdict

Jigoo Bed Vacuum Cleaner final verdict

The Jigoo mattress vacuum cleaner is one of the most powerful and effective handheld vacuums Ive tested. It does wonders for keeping my mattress and couch clean and odor free. For those reasons, I would recommend it as a top choice when it comes to mattress vacuums. I also like the split canister that filters dust, debris and hair into one side for easy emptying and cleaning. While I appreciate the clean/dirty LED display light on the front of the vacuum as a guide while vacuuming, I am disappointed that the UV light on the bottom of mine doesnt work. My guess is that it’s a one-off issue, and I still find the Jigoo bed vacuum highly effective. Ill be using it every time I want to clean household fabric surfaces.

Where to Buy the Jigoo Mattress Vacuum Cleaner

We Tried It

Jigoo Mattress Vacuum Cleaner

Meet the handheld vacuum that tells you when dust mites are eliminated from fabric surfaces.

You can shop the Jigoo mattress vacuum cleaner onAmazon or Walmart. A cleaner night’s sleep is just a click away.



Article source here: We Tried This New Mattress Vacuum Cleaner, Because Your Bed Deserves a Little TLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Best Mini Chainsaws, Tested and Reviewed

PAMELA BONDURANT/FAMILY HANDYMAN Shop on Home Depot Best Overall Mini Chainsaw Dewalt Cordless Battery Powered Chainsaw Shop on...