Meal Prep Delivery

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

How to Increase Storage Space In Your Bathroom

Getting Started

Including the frame, my mirror was 21-¼-in. wide, so I needed about 23 inches of open wall space to the left of the mirror for it to slide left. You can mount the drawer slides to go either direction.

I bought a frameless beveled mirror for $125. I could have purchased a framed mirror to save some work, but I decided to build my own frame. The mirror is heavy, so I wanted the frame to be solid lumber for strength. I also needed it to be thick enough for ¾-in. screws to attach the drawer slides.

I chose 1×4 poplar boards. Poplar is easy to find, inexpensive and lightweight. It also has good screw-holding capability and takes paint well. For the cabinet, I used precut melamine shelving from the home center. Its front edge is already banded, so if you plan your cuts, you won’t need to edge-band your shelves.

Peek Inside the Wall

  • Check for obstructions in the wall cavity. Cut a slot big enough for your phone, and take one photo up and one down.
  • If there are pipes or electrical cables in your way, you can choose a different stud cavity, size the cabinet so it doesn’t interfere, or reroute the pipes or wires.
    • Note: If you pick a different location, you can easily patch the small slot.



Article source here: How to Increase Storage Space In Your Bathroom

Article source here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

6 Surprising Places You Should Be Checking for Mice

In Moving Boxes Tyler Moore, who is the marketing director for a Florida-based pest control company, had this to say: “Moving boxes! We ...